Thursday, 8 March 2012

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish for Men Review - Hot Cloth Cleanser



This is a first for my blog but have been wanting to add a few reviews for some time, so let me know if you like this.

I first heard about this product through my sister last year who was using the womens version of it. I must say when I heard about it I thought it sounded like a bit of a fuss and never imagined that id be using it myself. I was given the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser starter kit for my birthday and was very impressed. Not only did it do great things for my skin but its actually one of the few products that is a pleasure to use.


How does it work?
The starter kit comes with two natural muslin cloths, a 100ml bottle of Cleanse and Polish cleanser and a zip up travel bag to keep them in. The bottle is a pump bottle and one pump is enough to massage onto your face and neck area. After this you then run the muslin cloth under hot water, wring it so its still damp and then rub the cloth over your face to remove the cleanser. The heat and steam from the cloth removes the cleanser and any dirt while it gently exfoliates the skin.

As it based on Cocoa Butter it wont dry out your skin like most cleansers and face washes do, it actually hydrates the skin as well. After this you splash your face with cold water. This is toning, closes the pores and is actually very refreshing once you get used to it.

What is the product like?
The cream is very thick, a high quality cleanser like none ive ever tried. It smells amazing, its made with Eucalyptus and Rosemary so its fresh, herby and invigorating. Its feels like a natural, traditional or spa treatment. It also reminds me of the hot towels which were used in barber shops back in the day.

Packaging?
Simple modern matte grey bottle, the pump is a great no fuss feature though you cant tell when it will run out very easily.

How do you use it?
I use this once a day, in the evening. I have also used it in the morning before shaving, which lifts and softens the hairs, making it easy to shave.

The Effects?
After using it for the first time, my face felt so soft like id used an exfoliator but one that did not leave my skin dry or tight. I felt really clean and my skin glows and looks fresh. There are alot of 'energizing' mens products on the market but many just use stimulents and quick fix ingredients. This improves the overall health of your skin, which will have long term benefits.

I would reccomend this to anyone, its suitable for all skin types. I have the odd dry patch on my skin which is also sensitive. At first I thought the cloth was going to be to harsh but it softens in a few uses, the dry patches of skin cleared up in a week of use, there is little to no dryness after I shave these days. I ran out at one point and didnt reorder for a few weeks, I could really tell the difference. I cant imagine not using this product and this comes from someone who changes things about alot, and im really fussy with things I put on my face.

Final Thoughts:  I cant really fault this product, obviously it is not the cheapest cleanser but you get what you pay for and if your looking to invest in a higher quality natural cleanser, this could be the step up for you. It does alot more than just cleanse, most people may not need an exfoliator any more, thats how I see it.

Where do I get it?
Some department stones or online, they ship worldwide from the UK.

http://uk.lizearle.com/


If you enjoyed this blog post please comment, subscribe or share it! If sharing my blogs on your own blog, a website or forum, please copy it in its entirity including my web address as the original source of the writing.

http://seventhelement.blogspot.com

Thanks,

Seventh Element Thanks, Seventh Element

No comments:

Post a Comment