Thursday, 8 July 2010

A New Light On Food

I mentioned in one of my other blogs that my diet has been changing and that I felt that I was naturally gravitating towards more healthy and higher vibrational foods. I started to look at foods from an energetic point of view first but also (and this speaks volumes) is noticing how you feel after you eat it. Most the snacks I ate and some foods give you an instant lifts and energy but then its followed by an energy slum, tiredness and this im sure leads people to eat more. Certain foods are grounding but some last longer than others and others have other side effects.

Im still experimenting with foods but im moving more towards a more vegetarian diet, more fruit and vegetables, nuts and seeds. To further boost this I also use a few superfoods such as Spirulina, Goji Berries, Raw Cocoa, Hemp Seeds, AFA Blue Green Algae and Acai Berry. Whats good with these is many can be easily added to smoothies and breakfast cereals or taken as a supplement. I have been making my own breakfast cereals and nut milks. I make the nut milks mainly from almonds or Cashew nuts, I still cant get over how easy that is and how cheap it works out compared to other milk alternatives and tastes just like soya milk. Ive also been using a few alternatives to sugar plus Himalayan salt, coconut oil/butter and nut butters.

Ive also been exercising again, im just doing yoga at the moment but I do Kundalini Yoga which is a bit more intense and energetic. Im doing this 3 times a week using a variety of DVDs to keep things interesting and stop my body from just getting used to it. I may do something else later on. Ive actually lost weight from the right area and am seeing the changes already, definatly have more energy which is the most important thing.

What im basicly learning is the more alive and fresh things are the higher vibration they usually are. If its been heavily processed or is vastly altered from its natural form it probably wont give you lasting energy, just a cheap high. Use your intuition on choosing things.



My Vege Burger Recipe

I made these the other week and they were so good I cant believe it. I took a recipe then changed it and it worked really well. I will try grilling them next time. Makes 4 Burgers and can be frozen.

1 can of Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans)
4 fresh Basil Leaves
4 Tablespoons of Oats
100g cooked Brown Rice
50g Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 Clove Garlic, minced
4 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
Teaspoon of Mixed Herbs
1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika
Salt & Pepper

1. Drain and rinse the Chickpeas then mash them in a large bowl using a potato masher, they dont have to be smooth.

2. Mix in the Basil, Mixed Herbs, Garlic, Tomato Puree, Paprika, Grated Cheese, Oats and cooked Brown Rice. Season with Salt and Black Pepper to taste and mix well.

3. Make 4 patties and place in the fridge to firm up for about hour.

4. Fry in a bit of olive oil over a medium heat, 5 minutes each side. Serve in a bun with the filling of your choice but as they have so much flavour you wont need much.



Almond Milk Recipe

I use this with cereals and making smoothies or nut milk shakes. You can make it with other nuts and seeds and alter it to your taste.

1/4 cup of Almonds
2.5 cups of filtered Water
1 Tablespoon of Agave Nectar or Honey or 5 dates
pinch of Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt

1. Soak the Almonds overnight, drain them and rinse. Add to the blender.

2. Add the Water, sweetner of your choice, small pinch of salt and blend for about 20 seconds.

3. Straine the Almond Milk with a fine sieve or even better use a nut milk bag. Stores in the fridge for up to 4 days.



© Ivan G - 2010 http://www.merkabawarrior.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Processed foods tend to have more fast, simple carbs (sucrose etc.) and saturated fat that cause the kind of up-and-down effect on energy levels (and will make you feel bloated, not full), whereas these "natural" foods you've discovered are the exact opposite nutrition-wise: slow, complex, and rich in fiber. And the sugar found in berries and fruit - fructose - is THE kind of sugar one should be receiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These "burgers" sound good. I just got some Himalayan pink salt, HimalaSalt, from Sustainable Sourcing https://secure.sustainablesourcing.com and I think I'll try it out in this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete